Using Science to Build Bone
A core environment for bone growth.
Alphatec Neocore® Osteoconductive Matrix is a synthetic scaffold (ß-TCP and collagen) that provides an effective core environment for bone growth.2 When hydrated with patient bone marrow aspirate (BMA), Alphatec Neocore® becomes a complete bone graft possessing all the necessary components of bone growth:
- Osteoconductive scaffold
- Osteoinductive growth factors
- Osteoprogenitor stem cells for osteogenesis
Engineered to perform like natural bone.1
Alphatec Neocore’s composition, pore size and porosity enables osteoprogenitor cells present in BMA to generate appropriate tissue in-growth, vascularization, and nutrient delivery. Osteoclasts digest the mineral scaffold through resorption, while osteoblasts synthesize a new matrix and are transformed into osteocytes. The specific pore size in Neocore® supplies key benefits:
- Conducive to nutrient and oxygen infiltration
- Facilitates revascularization throughout graft
- Supports replacement of three-dimensional matrix with new bone growth
Easy to use.
Alphatec Neocore’s exceptional wicking properties make it easy to hydrate with BMA quickly and completely, for cellular distribution throughout the graft. Offering excellent handling characteristics, these pre-formed strips are flexible to conform to adjacent structures, compressible, and moldable. They can also be cut to fit.
- Convenient strips hydrate thoroughly, quickly and easily
- Engineered core environment of proprietary beta tricalcium phosphate (ß-TCP) and collagen for osteoconduction.
- Pore size optimized for revascularization and bone regeneration1
- Structure and porosity resemble natural human bone1
- Dorozhkin, Calcium Orthophosphate- Based Biomaterials, 2013, 3840-3942.
- Data on file