Less Invasive Solutions Platform
Minimally invasive techniques are rapidly gaining popularity in the spine marketplace. LIS has shown in general to help minimize complications, recovery time, blood loss, and postoperative pain when compared to traditional open surgery.
The Illico® LIS Platform represents Alphatec Spine's minimally invasive surgical procedure posterior fixation solution for addressing disorders in the thoracic and lumbar spine via a minimally invasive surgical procedure. The Platform features the minimally invasive access Illico® retractor, the Illico® LIS Posterior Fixation System, and Illico® FS System.
An intuitive percutaneous system which delivers simple solutions for LIS surgery, typically resulting in decreased OR times and minimal tissue damage to the patient. The Illico® System offers comprehensive screw/rod delivery options to accommodate various techniques ensuring clinician confidence to achieve reproducible results.
Key features and Benefits
- Lean extender design, as well as versatile system options allow for minimal tissue disruption
- Guidewire management instruments are design for precise surgeon control during pedicle targeting
- Single step extender interface allows extenders to be easily attached and removed saving OR time
- 6 points of screw fixation between the extender and friction-fit polyaxial screw head designed to give strength, ease, and assurance during manipulation
- Several compression, distraction, and reduction options are offered to accommodate various patient anatomies and indications
- High-top screws are offered to facilitate rod insertion/ reduction
- Multiple rod delivery options offer versatility to ensure surgeon comfort and confidence
MMKT-000574A | 2015/10/09