The SOLANAS® - Posterior Cervico-Thoracic Fixation System is designed for posterior surgical approaches, offering a comprehensive array of implants and instrumentation to meet surgeon needs.
Key Features & Benefits
- Full array of hooks and connectors for use in complicated cervico-thoracic procedures
- Top-loading, top-tightening system simplifies surgical procedure
- Unique, buttress-thread closure mechanism helps prevent cross-threading
- Low profile, polyaxial screws offer up to 80° variability for increased surgical options
Indications for Use: It is intended that this device, in any system configuration, be removed after development of solid fusion mass. Hook components are indicated for use at C1-C7. Polyaxial pedicle screws and offset connectors are limited to the thoracic spine (T1-T3) in treating thoracic conditions only. These screws and offset connectors are not intended to be placed in the cervical spine. The components in the SOLANAS Posterior stabilization system can be linked to the components in the Zodiac Polyaxial spinal fixation system offered by Alphatec Spine using the axial rod connectors, parallel rod connectors or transitional rods.
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD), defined as neck pain of discogenic origin with degeneration of the disc confirmed by history and radiographic studies.
- Spinal stenosis.
- Atlanto/Axial fracture with instability.
- Revision of previous cervical spine surgery.